“Good News” from the Department Office.
The hiring committee would like to announce that they have hired a Department Secretary - Past Department President - Barbara Corker.
As you all know Barbara Comes to the office with a wealth of information. We are sure she will do a great job in transitioning our new office staff.
Two new office personnel have been hired - one full time -Danielle Gaudio - and one part time – Jessica Spiak who will be in the office three days a week.
I am sure the new office staff would welcome your kindness and patience as they develop into the new American Legion Auxiliary Team for the Department of New York.
General Office Clerk For
A Not for Profit Organization
Multiple positions, both full and part time, are available within a not for profit organization.
- Communicate with members, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Front desk responsibilities that include the ability to answer telephones, direct calls and take messages.
- May include limited travel and/or attendance at weekend meetings.
- Proficient with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite including at a minimum Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Professional communication skills
- Flexibility and a willingness to cross train within an office setting
- Associate Degree or 2 years experience preferred
- Salary commensurate with experience
Interested applicants should submit resume and 3 references to:
P.O Box 213
Rhinecliff, NY 12574
Mission: In the Spirit of service, not-self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support the American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace
and security.Vision: The vision of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion while becoming the premier service organization and foundation of every community providing support for our veterans, our military, and their families by shaping a positive future in an atmosphere of fellowship, patriotism, peace and security.
Purposes: In fulfillment of our Mission, the American Legion Auxiliary adheres to the following purposes:
Values: Our statement of values is predicated on the founding purposes….
To maintain Law and Order;
To foster and perpetuate a one hundred percent Americanism;
To preserve the memories and incidents of our associations during the Great Wars;
To inculcate a sense of individual obligation to the Community, State and Nation;
To combat the autocracy of both the classes and the masses;
To make right the Master of Might;
To promote Peace and Goodwill on earth;
To safeguard and transmit to posterity the principles of Justice Freedom and Democracy;
To consecrate and sanctify our association by our devotion to mutual helpfulness.